Administration of Estates
Losing a loved-one is an emotionally-challenging and traumatic time and this is when trustworthy legal support can ease the burden. With our knowledge and experience, Burden Swart & Botha Attorneys, has the knowledge, skills and insight to assist you during this very difficult time by reporting and finalising the deceased estate as quickly as possible.
We can act as the executor of the estate or we can assist the appointed executor to prepare all the necessary documents and to finalise the financial affairs of the deceased estate. We will also ensure that the deceased estate is processed by the Master of the High Court without unnecessary delays.
In accordance with the Will of the deceased, or in accordance with the Intestate Succession Act, we will assist and support heirs and beneficiaries by:
- Reporting the estate to the Master of the High Court;
- Obtaining the Letter of Executorship;
- Notifying creditors by publishing the necessary notifications in the local newspapers and the Government Gazette as required by law;
- Drafting the liquidation and distribution account and lodging it with the Master of the High Court for acceptance;
- After acceptance by the Master, distributing assets and paying creditors and beneficiaries in accordance with the liquidation and distribution account;
- We will also collect outstanding monies on behalf of the deceased estate.
- Where property transfers need to be effected our Conveyancing Department will act expediently as they have vast experience in deceased estate transfers.
You can be assured that we will utilise our experience and knowledge of the legal system to assist you during this very trying time.